2018 is almost over and yes if you are in retail or the restaurant business, this is probably your busiest time of the year. However, you also need to take the time to look at the year ahead and start making plans. What worked for you in 2018? What was missing? What did you feel you totally dropped the ball on? When it comes to your digital marketing, below are the four main areas to review and think about what needs improvement so you can make 2019 your best year ever.
1.Website. Your website is the foundation of all your digital marketing strategy. It is the place where you direct your customers, collect leads and provide useful information about your company. Yes, your website might look pretty, but to achieve business success, you need to make it user and search engine friendly as well. 5 main elements your website needs:
- Load time
- User tracking
Don’t forget to optimize your website for search engines and social networks for better user interaction and user experience.
2. Content Marketing. Content marketing is a strategic approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant information to attract and retain a clearly defined and targeted audience and promote profitable customer action. Content includes blogs, social media, email marketing, so it’s important to have a thorough strategic content plan in place that includes all aspects of reaching your audience.
3. Email Marketing. Don’t ever underestimate the power of email marketing. Email marketing done right gives you the ability to communicate with your customers on a regular basis. The key developing and sending messages on a consistent schedule that are relevant and interesting for your audience. Building that qualified list may take some time to build, but it is worth the time and effort. If you don’t have an email provider yet, we are a Constant Contact Solutions Partner and you can try them out right here.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plays a big role in digital marketing. If the content you have created isn’t fully optimized, you will struggle to get the right people to see it at the right time. Some basics to think about are:
- Do your research: See how you and your competitors are ranking on Google.
- Choose the right keywords: Find the right keywords for your website and all the other content you create.
- Use SEO tools: There are many tools available that can help you optimize your content and the prices vary for each software.
- Collect and review metrics: Use the data Google Analytics and the other SEO tools you’ve selected to see how your optimized content performs so you can continue to improve it over time.
Let’s get real for a moment. Like many business owners, you have probably already learned that you can’t be an expert for every aspect of your small business and no matter your budget, the reality is there are areas that warrant outside help. Digital marketing may be one them. Talk to us about making your business ready for 2019 and let’s leave you the time you need to focus on growing your business.